Cisco Packet Tracer is developed by CISCO and it is one of the best Network Simulator. In this simulator, we can practice for CCNA and CCNP exams. Students, can Lab practice’s for Routing, Switching, Network and Network Security Simulation.
Cisco Packet Tracer, Provides you virtualisation of many network tasks related to Routing, Switching and much more. This software is approx 200 MB, but gives you freedom to do network related simulations on a single computer. In, Cisco packet Tracer we have many router’s and switch’s which can be used as a real devices. These routers and switches are highly capable for any lab practice and also the CPU and Memory consumption are very low. Thus, for any exam, which is related to Network (i.e. CCNA or CCNP), you must practice on Cisco Packet Tracer.
The main advantage of Cisco Packet Tracer is that you can capture the whole information of a Frame or Packet which is being transferred from source to destination. For this, you just have to click on Simulation. After clicking on Simulation, you will find that packets are attached to devices (Routers, Switches and End Device), and which you click on Forward/Play,the packet will move from source to destination.
Another, advantage of Cisco Packet Tracer is that it can be used for Network Design. Means, if you want to design your real Network, you can do it with the help of Cisco Packet Tracer. It gives you Advance Options, from which you can select to design your Network.
Features of Cisco Packet Tracer
- Best simulator for CCNA and CCNP exam practice’s.
- Providing CLI (Command Line Interface) for better practice.
- Support of Web Languages i.e. CSS and Java Script for Web Servers.
- Providing GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Support of Various Servers (DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, TFTP etc.)
- Also support of Network Security Simulation
Software Specification of Cisco Packet Tracer
- Publisher : Cisco
- Version : 6.3
- Size : 179.4 MB
System Requirements for Cisco Packet Tracer in Linux Operating System
- Operating System : Linux ( Ubuntu, Mint and other flavors)
- RAM : Minimum 512 MB, Recommended 4 GB
- Processor : Intel or AMD
- Any Zip Extract Tool (i.e. Archive Manager)
Complete Installation Process of Cisco Packet Tracer in Ubuntu/Mint
- First, Download the Installer from given link below.
- Extract it with the help of Extract Tools
- Open Terminal on Same Directory.
- Follow the below command to Install it.
Here, you must have to type your administrator password.
- You Must accept Terms and Conditions
- After installation, type below command to run Cisco Packet Tracer
Screenshots of Cisco Packet Tracer
Download Cisco Packet Tracer for Linux (Ubuntu/Mint)
If you need further help please comment in comment box.
Disclaimer: GNS3Network does not share any copyright material. Images on this page belong to Cisco. Still, if you found that it against the copyright law, please visit on Contact Us page. I’ll remove it within 24 Hour.