Cisco Packet Tracer is developed by CISCO and it is one of the best Network Simulator. In this simulator, we can practice for CCNA and CCNP exams. Students, can Lab practice’s for Routing, Switching, Network, and Network Security Simulation. Here, you can download the CISCO packet tracer for Linux (Ubuntu/Mint).
Cisco Packet Tracer, Provides you virtualization of many network tasks related to Routing, Switching and much more. This software is approx 200 MB but gives you the freedom to do network related simulations on a single computer. In, Cisco packet Tracer we have many router’s and switch’s which can be used as real devices. These routers and switches are highly capable of any lab practice and also the CPU and Memory consumption is very low. Thus, for any exam, which is related to Network (i.e. CCNA or CCNP), you must practice on Cisco Packet Tracer.
The main advantage of the Cisco Packet Tracer is that you can capture the whole information of a Frame or Packet which is being transferred from source to destination. For this, you just have to click on Simulation. After clicking on Simulation, you will find that packets are attached to devices (Routers, Switches and End Device), and which you click on Forward/Play, the packet will move from source to destination.
Another, advantage of Cisco Packet Tracer is that it can be used for Network Design. Means, if you want to design your real Network, you can do it with the help of Cisco Packet Tracer. It gives you Advance Options, from which you can select to design your Network.
Features of Cisco Packet Tracer
- Best simulator for CCNA and CCNP exam practices.
- Providing CLI (Command Line Interface) for better practice.
- Providing GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Support of Various Servers (DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, TFTP, etc.)
- Also the support of Network Security Simulation
Software Specification of Cisco Packet Tracer
- Publisher: Cisco
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 179.4 MB
System Requirements for Cisco Packet Tracer in Linux Operating System
- Operating System: Linux ( Ubuntu, Mint and other flavors)
- RAM: Minimum 512 MB, Recommended 4 GB
- Processor: Intel or AMD
- Any Zip Extract Tool (i.e. Archive Manager)
Complete Installation Process of Cisco Packet Tracer in Ubuntu/Mint
- First, Download the Installer from the given link below.
- Extract it with the help of Extract Tools
- Open Terminal on the Same Directory.
- Follow the below command to install it.
Here, you must have to type your administrator password.
- You must accept Terms and Conditions
- After installation, type below command to run Cisco Packet Tracer
Screenshots of Cisco Packet Tracer
Download Cisco Packet Tracer for Linux (Ubuntu/Mint)
If you need further help please comment in comment box.
Disclaimer: GNS3Network does not share any copyrighted material. Images on this page belong to Cisco. Still, if you found that it against the copyright law, please visit the Contact Us page. I’ll remove it within 24 Hours.